Registration is restricted to US military and sworn law enforcement personnel.
Tuition and Fees
There is no cost to attend this training.
This course is designed to equip counternarcotics law enforcement officers with the knowledge to conduct methamphetamine investigations involving domestic and international traffickers. The course begins with the history of methamphetamine and current trends, including a section on the international methamphetamine trade controlled by Mexican drug trafficking organizations. The main portion of the class addresses how to perform methamphetamine investigations whether the targets are international traffickers or domestic local producers and distributors.
The conclusion of the course addresses tactical considerations and supervisory concerns; developing standard operating policy; effective courtroom testimony techniques; and developing legislation to aid enforcement. The skills taught in this class, while focused on methamphetamine, can be employed to other areas of drug enforcement as well.
- Methamphetamine and transnational narcotics organizations
- Methods required to conduct precursor/chemical diversion cases
- Effective methamphetamine drug crime surveillance techniques
- Undercover safety considerations for the counternarcotics officer dealing with meth dealers/users
- Building conspiracy and multijurisdictional cases
- Drug vehicle interdiction techniques
- Managing informants
Methamphetamine Investigations is a 3 day (24 hour) course.
There are no prerequisites to attend this course.
There are no scheduled classes available at this time.
MCTC provides on-site and mobile training of the highest quality at no cost to the student to all those involved in the fight against drug trafficking and substance abuse.
If you are interested in hosting an MCTC course, click here.