This course is restricted to US military law enforcement personnel and sworn civilian Law Enforcement Officers.
Tuition and Fees
There is no cost to attend this training.
This course is designed to give new narcotics officers an overview of the major responsibilities that they will be needing as narcotics agent or investigator. This course is designed to be hands on, with students conducting practical exercises on; Informants, Investigative Interviewing, Physical Surveillance, Undercover Operations, and Warrants. This course will better help a new Narcotics Officer handle a new case; from beginning (intelligence) to end (prosecution.)
- Drug identification and recognition: measurement, pricing, and slang
- Current narcotic trends and threats as relating to Transnational Criminal Organizations
- Operating in a multijurisdictional environment
- Informants: vetting, development, management, control, and use of informants
- Tactical operational planning
- Intel Planning and collection
- Writing search warrants and conducting warrantless searches
- Micro lab investigations
- Physical and Electronic surveillance
- Narcotics crime scene management: report writing, evidence inventory
- Conducting consensual encounters and searches
- Basic drug enforcement operations
Narcotics Investigations is a 10 day (80 hour) course, scheduled Monday-Friday for two consecutive weeks. Please note that daily start/end times will shift to accommodate nighttime training scenarios.
There are no prerequisites to attend.