Registration is restricted to US military and sworn law enforcement personnel.
There is no cost to attend this training.
The course is designed to increase the student’s knowledge and awareness of Mexican Cartel influence and their trafficking activities. Students learn the history of cartels in a past-to-present manner. Students gain a better understanding of how and where cartels operate and whom they partner with to carry out illicit activities. In addition, the course details the culture surrounding cartels and their associates to include music and spiritual influences.
- History of cartels
- Current cartels
- Territory of cartels
- Associated criminal elements (gangs) in Central and North America
- Political influence of cartels
- Criminal enterprises of cartels
- Nalaxone/Narcan employment
- Narcocorridos (Music of the Cartels)
- Patron Saints
- Brujas (Witches) and Curanderos (Healers)
- Spiritual and religious influences
Mexican Cartels and Culture is a 2.5 day (20 hour) course.
There are no prerequisites to attend this course.This event is offered on the following dates
Mexican Drug Cartels and Culture
Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - Friday, October 18, 2019, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Rockwall, TX - Liberty Hall