**This course is formerly known as High Risk Event Planning**
Registration is restricted to US military and sworn law enforcement personnel.
Tuition and Fees
There is no cost to attend this training.
Raids for high risk narcotic warrants are extremely dangerous situations, and we can never be totally prepared for every eventuality in the fluid and dangerous environments in which we operate. This class presents a system for planning and preparing for high risk situations, teaching precautions that can be taken to insure the highest possible degree of safety while insuring the highest likelihood of success in our planned events. This class also presents scenario-based training, and how to give a structured briefing of planned events. The goal of this class is to impart to the officers the knowledge, techniques and the confidence needed to operate more safely and successfully during high risk planned counter narcotic operations.
- Equipment considerations
- Briefing and presentation skills
- Intelligence gathering for high risk operations
- Risk analysis and threat assessment
- Command post considerations
- S.I.P.R.E.E.D.D. "a high risk event planning system"
- Medical considerations for high risk operations
- Scenario: teams assign, develop, and brief high risk event plans (a practical exercise)
High Risk Event Planning for Narcotic Operations Level I is a 5-day (40 hour) course.
There are no prerequisites required for this course.
High Risk Event Planning for Narcotic Operations
Monday, August 24, 2020 - Friday, August 28, 2020, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Johnston, IA - Midwest Counterdrug Training Center